Category : Professional
TMD has located a new injection and blow molding plant in Fayetteville, Tennessee. We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced quality manager to join our team.
The Quality Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the overall development and administration of Quality resources within the plant. Through input from customer, supplier, Division, and plant staff, the Quality Manager will allocate manpower resources to project teams and programs.
The Quality Manager is responsible for establishing and reviewing process controls, emphasizing customer satisfaction, continuous improvement, and waste reduction. Measurement systems and inspection techniques are to be developed and maintained to advance Quality Department goals and objectives in support of plant goals and objectives.
- Establish and track Quality department goals and objectives
- Determine Quality department standards, practices, and procedures
- Establish and maintain product Quality Standards
- Track external customer Quality issues, e.g. concerns, rejections, PPM, and 8D problem solving
- Track internal customer Quality issues, e.g. Rejection Tags and Process Alerts
- Track supplier Quality issues and performance
- Support plant safety procedures and safety policies
- Direct QA personnel regarding performance and material testing
- Allocate Quality resources to project teams, programs, and manufacturing process improvement teams
- Assist in daily review of production quality performance
- Assist Production to achieve effective and efficient production of quality parts
- Schedule and chair regular Quality Review meetings to Appraise Management of Quality Dept. issues to ensure suitability and effectiveness of Quality System
- Work with Engineering to develop project launch strategy, capital needs, program timing in support of all APQP, PPAP, MSA and TS-16949 requirements
- Work with Quality Engineers and Quality Coordinators to document trends in quality, compare against customer standards and plant goals
- Support advance Quality activities, elements and schedules
- Represent Fayetteville plant at the customer in the area of Quality
- Develop short and long term strategy to support customer requirements, as required
- Primary responsibility for implementation and maintenance of TS 16949 and ISO 14001 quality systems
- Bachelor’s Degree – technical required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Automotive industry experience managing within a TS certified quality system.
- High product launch exposure a plus.
- Plastics experience preferred.