Category : Professional
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quality Manager to join our team.
The position reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing the quality program designed to ensure continual improvement.
Responsibilities for the Quality Manager:
- Responsible for maintaining the quality objectives.
- Responsible for the overall Lab Scope policy.
- Directs Quality Technician activities.
- Responsible for the Quality Auditors and Certification Associates.
- Communicates customer issues and requirements with all departments within organization.
- Maintain active involvement with quality management teams within the organization.
- Customer contact for any quality concerns.
- Responsible for communication with offsite quality representatives at the customer location.
- Responsible for the overall activities to address any customer concerns/issues.
- Responsible for reporting data for the established metrics per our quality system.
- Reviews quality department reports to ensure efficiency and identify problems.
- Perform annual reviews of quality data and make recommendations to the Plant Manager.
- Review all documents and procedures/policies annually owned by the Quality Manager.
- Responsible for identifying training needs for direct reports.
- Management representative for IATF 16949 and/or other quality certifications.
- Supplier assists for DDR & DMR and certification audit.
- Conducts supplier audits as needed.
- Issues DDR’s & DMR to Suppliers and follows to completion.
- Audits quality systems within TMD WEK
- Trains internal auditors.
- Write and update Quality Manual and Procedures for TMD WEK’s quality systems.
- Coordinates and documents management reviews.
- Participates in advanced quality planning meetings.
- Participates in the documentation of (control plans, FMEA, and flow diagrams).
- Advise on all operator instructions (back-up).
- Manage internal corrective action system, track to closure, and update Plant Manager per schedule.
- Admin for Nonconformance database.
- Other assignments as required by direct manager.
Qualifications for the Quality Manager:
- Ability to interact with vendors and customers regarding customer specifications.
- Ability to analyze data and create reports.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with subordinates and upper management Supervisory skills to coach and develop all levels of the department to achieve goals.
- Maintain a team-oriented working environment that allows for individual differences and provides for individual growth.
- Ability to identify urgent or emerging problems, develop alternative corrective actions and engage appropriate colleagues in the timely implementation of corrective actions.
- Strong analytical & mathematical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.