Category : Professional
The Quality Engineer will oversee and direct quality activities in the area of capability studies, dimensional checks, material testing, product inspection, print changes, and process/product documentation and in order to obtain optimum productivity and quality levels while complying with customer specifications. The Quality Engineer is to provide quality support to internal and external customers.
The primary responsibility will be to achieve premium levels of customer satisfaction for product and service supplied by the plant through operator awareness, appropriate inspection, audit programs and continuous improvements and customer visits to the plants for monitoring and feedback.
Also, this position will be responsible to lead the plant in customer satisfaction, PPM reduction, and quality system development. The Quality Engineer will be required to support multiple projects and work with the plant to maintain third party registration to IATF6949 standards and obtain customer quality awards and certifications.
Quality Engineer Job Functions:
- Support project launch strategy
- Assist team in development of FMEA, Control plan, and process flowchart
- Participate in identifying open items issues
- Work with team to develop processes, establish process documentation and controls, and plant training needs of new projects
- Determine possible quality problems and prepare a list of concerns to be discussed with the launch team
- Assist with training of production and quality personnel of processing and quality standards
- Ensure product conforms to customer engineering standards
- Support and develop process documentation
- Coordinate problem solving of quality issues, as required
- Review and approve supplier PPAP package
- Review component supplier performance and corrective actions
- Monitor customer concerns/rejections and provide timely corrective actions
- Perform capability studies and reporting of required data to customer
- Support elements of IATF16949, APQP and PPAP
- Gage R&R studies, procedures and certification
Quality Engineer Qualifications Desired:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Automotive industry experience.
- Plastics experience preferred.
- Injection Molded-in Color Experience