Category : Professional
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced production supervisor to join our team.
The Production Supervisor will work directly with the production employees, maintenance / tool & die set personnel and the management team to ensure the successful production of the customer’s part per the customer’s requirements. The supervisor will interface with the hourly workforce to develop a team atmosphere while insuring that company policies, procedures and regulations are consistently upheld.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting in the establishing capital needs, developing project timing, reviewing employees’ performance, employee involvement and appropriate communications relating to employee concerns.
Production Supervisor Responsibilites:
- Support and enforce with consistency the plant safety process and rules, and Toledo Molding & Die policies and procedures. Administer corrective action when necessary.
- Provide leadership and direction to production employees by actively working with and effectively communicating to ensure quality product.
- Maintain production requirements while minimizing scrap levels.
- Efficient manpower utilization – both direct and indirect.
- Develop process improvements through employee involvement and support all plant continuous improvement efforts as assigned.
- Ensure that all products are manufactured in accordance to customer specifications and approved processes.
- Participate in and support the ISO 14000 and TS16949 systems.
- Effective and diligent employee training/development
- Accurate and timely completion of all shift paperwork and reports
- Issue process improvements and cost reductions as required
- Support root cause analysis and proper resolution to conflict.
- When required, be able to report in review meetings manufacturing results with supportive details and corrective action plans outlined.
- Challenge traditional boundaries and eliminate barriers which do not promote continuous improvement of the enterprise.
- Assure that production schedules are met. Act with a high sense of urgency, in particular with respect to customer needs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Ensure strict compliance with plant housekeeping standards.
- Maintain a plant culture that embraces the values of honesty, trust, mutual respect, employee involvement and flexibility.
Production Supervisor Qualifications:
- High School degree required, some college a plus.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Automotive industry experience.
- Plastics experience preferred.