Category : Professional
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Production Supervisor to join our team in Jefferson, OH.
The Production Supervisor reports to the Production Manager and is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of associates.
- Computes amount of stock and supplies required for operations based on production schedules and obtains through internal requisition procedures.
- Interprets production schedules and assigns appropriately trained associates to each specific activity.
- Interfaces with Scheduling, Quality and Shipping to ensure customer deadlines and requirements are met.
- Ensures product is manufactured to specifications.
- Establishes or adjusts associate assignments to meet production schedules.
- Directs process technicians in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product through continual improvement activities such as increase the efficiency of the department, reduce scrap, and improve labor utilization.
- Communicates with Human Resource Manager in regards to personnel issues.
- Maintains and approves time and attendance records electronically.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the quality system.
- Responsible for identifying training needs for direct reports.
- Responsible for updating training records per policy.
- Other assignments as required by direct manager
- Supervisory skills to coach and develop all levels of the department to achieve goals.
- Maintain a team-oriented working environment that allows for individual differences and provides for individual growth.
- Ability to identify urgent or emerging problems, develop alternative corrective actions and engage appropriate colleagues in the timely implementation of corrective actions.
- Strong analytical & mathematical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Associates Degree and two years related experience.