Category : Professional
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Production Superintendent to join our team at our plant in Beloit, WI.
This position is responsible for manufacturing functions related to assigned current products and new products. Position reports directly to the Production Manager.
The primary responsibilities will be to work with direct reports to establish individual employee goals, departmental objectives and key operating objectives, set department procedures and policies, ensure appropriate resources are allocated to projects and maintain daily production.
Production Superintendent Job Functions:
- Support and enforce plant safety rules and Toledo Molding & Die policies and procedures consistently.
- Provide leadership and direction to Production Supervisors and Technicians.
- Determine departmental procedures and policies.
- Establish and track Production Department objectives.
- As a business leader, support root cause analysis and proper resolution to conflict.
- On a weekly and monthly basis be able to report in review meetings manufacturing results with supportive details and corrective action plans outlined.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for direct reports and to make salary increase recommendations. Identify high potential candidates for promotion and determine development plans to achieve.
- Approve department expenses and appropriation requests per guidelines.
- Assist in establishment of and monitor plant key operating objectives.
- Participate in planning and support continuous improvement projects.
- Actively work with and effectively communicate to floor personnel to ensure quality product.
- Issue process improvements and cost reductions as required.
- Maintain appropriate manning and schedules to support customer requirements.
- Challenge traditional boundaries and eliminate barriers which do not promote continuous improvement of the enterprise.
- Maintain a plant culture that embraces the values of honesty, trust, mutual respect, employee involvement and flexibility.
- Act with a high sense of urgency, in particular with respect to customer needs.
- Assure that quality product is maintained along with production schedules being met.
- Set stretch goals/targets for direct reports and achieve them through rigorous use of continuous improvement and employee involvement methods.
Production Superintendent Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree – technical preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Automotive industry experience
- Supervision Experience required
- Plastics experience preferred
- Must be willing to work evening hours