Category : Manufacturing
TMD just built a new injection molding plant in Beloit, Wisconsin. We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced injection molding process technician to join our team. Toledo Molding and Die will be supplying the Fiat-Chrysler assembly Plant in Belvidere, Illinois.
The Process Technician will be responsible for providing technical support for all aspects of production. Responsibility for new products begins with the first production build via customer production releases.
The primary responsibilities will be to troubleshoot injection molding process and make adjustments to the process to increase overall quality and productivity goals as established thereby obtaining optimum productivity and quality levels while complying with customer specifications.
In addition, the Process Technician will assist in achieving product target cost; improve efficiency, identifying possible production problems for existing products. Monitor the input and output variables of the process, including advanced product inspection, optimizing product and process quality consistent with the company’s Total Quality Systems, procedures and customer requirements.
- Support and enforce with consistency the plant safety process and rules, local labor agreement and Toledo Molding & Die policies and procedures.
- Provide support for all pre-production builds requiring components and/or services from the manufacturing site.
- Assist with training of both technical and production in processing standards.
- Ensure that all products are manufactured in accordance with customer specifications and approved processes.
- Assure that production schedules are met. Act with a high sense of urgency, in particular with respect to customer needs.
- Achieve project expectation and requirements for all elements of PPAP, TS16949 and ISO 14000.
- Weekly program status reports (i.e., performance, open items, corrective action plans, etc.).
- Maintain technical log for product/processes assigned, as required.
- Maintain records for primary tools (molds) and selected secondary equipment.
- Troubleshoot injection molding process and correct where deviant. Adjust closed-loop process control systems where applicable.
- Troubleshoot robotic unloading; provide enhancements to increase robot system efficiency and performance.
- Enhance the process to increase cycle efficiency, press performance, tool performance, operator performance, and material performance.
- Troubleshoot issues with secondary equipment (post molding assembly)
- Provide technical instructions to maintain part stability.
- Provide detailed and structured documentation of process corrections and enhancements as required and/or assigned.
- Measure outputs and evaluate process control and capability.
- Troubleshoot out of control conditions, machine deficiencies and product non-conformities.
- Responsible for new mold start up, sampling, process trouble shooting, optimizing cycles and set-ups as well as performing molding and machine safety checks.
- Assist with mold/color changes
- Develop process improvements through employee involvement and support all plant continuous improvement efforts as assigned.
- As required provide leadership and direction to production employees by actively working with and effectively communicating to ensure quality product.
- Function as a Team Member of the Shift Technical Team, supporting processing and quality needs in a Lean Environment Actively participate in and support the implementation and maintenance of the company’s documented quality system as appropriate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Ensure strict compliance with plant housekeeping standards.
- Maintain a plant culture that embraces the values of honesty, trust, mutual respect, employee involvement and flexibility.
- High School degree required, some college a plus.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Automotive industry experience.
- Hands-on processing skills including new mold startup, sampling, troubleshooting, optimizing cycles, set-ups.
- Experienced with wide range of molding machines – 500 – 3500 ton presses.
- Experience with class A surface parts and color a plus