Category : Professional
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Material Planning & Logistics Analyst to join our team.
Responsibilities of the Material Planning & Logistics Analyst:
- Responsible for inventory accuracy by monitoring and maintaining in-bound inventory from suppliers to support established inventory policies for buffer calculations, safety stock and material needed to support production.
- Responsible for maintaining and communicating an accurate forecast to suppliers at the latest revision level required.
- Monitor, track and trace all inbound shipments from suppliers.
- Perform root cause inventory analysis for inventory discrepancies for components and manufacturing items.
- Lead system record integrity through cycle count, root cause analysis and development of corrective actions.
- Maintain production planning, inventory levels, safety stock and various key data fields that drive master planning are up to date in ERP system.
- Support program and part balance out ensuring engineering changes are incorporated timely and bank builds are in place per the agreed to effectivity of change.
- Ensure changes are captured in systems to properly reflect latest Bills of Material for ordering of component parts and ensure adequate purchase orders and contracts are at latest level.
- Effectively supports and understands the plant build schedule, BOM verification, buffer calculations, change control and supplier material ordering.
- Use established processes, procedures, tools and reports to complete duties.
- Maintain positive relationship with suppliers.
- Participate in plant physical inventory as required.
- Must be a self-starter able to work without close supervision, understanding what needs to be done, and taking the required actions.
- Attain a level of product/commodity knowledge and to attain a level of awareness of supplier operations as they pertain to the company.
- Shall adhere to all safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices such as; utilizing personal protective equipment and proper attire in keeping with safety standards.
- Perform all other functions as required; included are any work assignments relating to the efficient flow of work within TMD, Inc.
Qualifications of the Material Planning & Logistics Analyst:
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that allows for individual differences and provides for individual growth.
- Ability to identify urgent or emerging problems, develop alternative corrective actions and engage appropriate colleagues in the timely implementation of corrective actions.
- Knowledge of automotive processes (EDI, PPAP, etc.).
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and bills of material.
- Experience with MRP and scheduling systems (MAPICS a plus).
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong analytical & mathematical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.