Category : Professional
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Material Planning & Logistics Analyst to join our team.
The position is responsible for the daily material handling functions for the department ensuring uninterrupted flow of end items, components, and inventory as it pertains to shipping & receiving.
Responsibilities of the Material Planning & Logistics Analyst:
- Prepare and print daily load sheets, analyzing inventory and ensuring material is ready to ship to support customer requirements.
- Responsible for accurately and timely responding to on-line customer’s supply chain systems.
- Responsible for maintaining, monitoring and reacting to customer delivery ratings.
- Lead record integrity through cycle count, root cause analysis and development of corrective actions for WIP and end items.
- Monitor all miscellaneous shipping paperwork.
- Responsible for unloading trucks, accepting deliveries, unpacking containers and ensuring material is delivered to location as needed.
- Interface with external supply partners & customers to manage and reconcile all issues related to shipping and receiving.
- Ensure each part and packaging type has a location and is properly labeled.
- Responsible for ensuring warehouse is organized and orderly on a daily basis.
- Ensure packing lists for incoming material are checked for accurate information including part counts, purchase order and pertinent information.
- Participate in plant physical inventory as required.
- Must be a self-starter able to work without close supervision, understanding what needs to be done, and taking the required actions.
- Perform root cause inventory analysis for inventory discrepancies for components and manufacturing items.
- Effectively supports and understands the plant build schedule, BOM verification, buffer calculations, change control and supplier material ordering.
- Attain a level of product/commodity knowledge and to attain a level of awareness of supplier operations as they pertain to the company.
- Shall adhere to all safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices such as; utilizing personal protective equipment and proper attire in keeping with safety standards.
- Comply with all ISO/TS 16949 & ISO-14001 procedures and work instructions related to job description.
- Perform all other functions as required; included are any work assignments relating to the efficient flow of work within TMD, Inc.
Qualifications for the Material Planning & Logistics Analyst:
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that allows for individual differences and provides for individual growth.
- Ability to identify urgent or emerging problems, develop alternative corrective actions and engage appropriate colleagues in the timely implementation of corrective actions.
- Knowledge of automotive processes (EDI, PPAP, etc.).
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment that allows for individual differences and provides for individual growth.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and bills of material.
- Experience with MRP and scheduling systems (MAPICS a plus).
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong analytical & mathematical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- One (1) year or more experience in a complex Tier 1 or Tier 1 Automotive OEM parts production facility.
- Inventory control experience.