Category : Professional
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Material Control Analyst at our Fayetteville, TN location.
The position reports to the Plant MP&L Manager responsible for a variety of MP&L activities including engineering change, inventory control, new model launch and balance out coordination.
- Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support MP&L activities including verifying material or containers, identifying inventory shortages, inventory control, ordering material (i.e. Resin, cardboard) and support engineering changes.
- Support New Model builds which include ordering materials, arranging for shipping, engineering changes and logistics.
- Lead system record integrity through cycle count, root cause analysis and development of corrective actions.
- Ensure master changes are captured in systems to properly reflect adequate bills of material for ordering of component parts and production of WIP and end items. Support balance out planning and coordination.
- Coordinate with corporate BOM analyst on engineering changes. This includes monitoring the performance on effective date implementation, changes to bill of materials and loading of new levels as required.
- Support program and part balance out ensuring engineering changes are incorporated timely and bank builds are in place per the agreed to effectivity of change while minimizing obsolescence.
- Participate in conjunction with Material Supervisors or employees devising strategies for warehousing, replenishment methods and production floor to plan for every part.
- Coordinate activities to ensure warehouse is organized and orderly on a daily basis
- Participate in plant physical inventory as required.
- Plan and supervise execution of periodic physical count of inventory as applicable.
- Must be a self-starter able to work without close supervision, understanding what needs to be done, and taking the required actions.
- Shall adhere to all safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices such as; utilizing personal protective equipment and proper attire in keeping with safety standards.
- Comply with all ISO/TS 16949 & ISO-14001 procedures and work instructions related to job description.
- Perform all other functions as required; included are any work assignments relating to the efficient flow of work within TMD, Inc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Three (3) years or more experience in a complex Tier 1 or Tier 1 Automotive OEM parts production facility.
- Inventory control experience including cycle counting.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that allows for individual differences and provides for individual growth.
- Ability to identify urgent or emerging problems, develop alternative corrective actions and engage appropriate colleagues in the timely implementation of corrective actions.
- Knowledge of automotive processes (EDI, PPAP, etc.).
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and bills of material.
- Experience with MRP and scheduling systems (MAPICS a plus).
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong analytical & mathematical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.