Category : Manufacturing
We are currently hiring an experienced maintenance technician in Jefferson, OH.
The position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety and productive maintenance systems and processes to support business goals and objectives.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situation to proper supervision.
- Must be able to work 3rd shift (11:30 pm – 07:30 am). Flexibility to work weekends and overtime when needed.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
Maintenance Technician Qualifications:
- Associate degree in industrial maintenance a plus.
- 4 years of experience in manufacturing environment; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
- Strong work ethic.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics a plus.
- Proficient in reading and understanding related and required maintenance documents.
- Requires the ability to perform job responsibilities safely.