Category : Professional
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to join our team.
The position reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of workers engaged in repair and / or maintenance and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems.
Maintenance Supervisor responsibilities:
- Directs and coordinates activities of maintenance department and outside contractors.
- Schedules repair, maintenance, pm, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Participates in the new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with engineers.
- Responsible for RFQ’s, requisitions of services, tools, equipment, and supplies required for maintenance operations.
- Directs training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures.
- Confers with production, engineering, safety, and quality personnel to resolve maintenance problems within their departments.
- Prepares department budget and monitors expenditure of funds in budget.
- Responsible for hazmat log and the compliance with TMD environmental policies.
- Review all documents and procedures/policies annually owned by Maintenance Manager.
- Provide technical support and coaching for efficient troubleshooting/ root cause problem solving activities and maintenance repair to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime.
- Ensure that appropriate inventory levels for standard replacement parts are maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring all safety policies/ practices are followed within the department.
- Responsible for ensuring all documentation is completed for repairs, modifications, pm’s and predictive activities.
- Responsible for identifying training needs for direct reports.
Maintenance Supervisor Qualifications:
- Associate degree in related field or related Technical program
- 7-10 years related experience and / or training
- Strong mechanical understanding of machinery and plant operations.