Category : Professional
TMD has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineering Technician to join our team.
Engineering Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Understanding what the customers goals are for a build or equipment build (I.E. what kinds of vision systems they are wanting to use, barcode scanning, particular sensors)
- Establish a timeline for a project build
- Acquiring quotes for components from vendors for submission to the Engineering Manager.
- Establish a baseline BOM for the build
- Deciding if certain components can be outsourced to save company money or built internally.
- Discuss the timeline on a weekly basis with the Engineering Manager. Balance work time on internal issues, along with maintaining a timeline on new equipment builds.
- Design and build programming for equipment, maintaining a database on server of updated program revisions for maintenance to access.
- Integrate sensors and components into new PLC program or existing equipment.
- Have thorough understanding of HMI programming associated with the PLC program.
- Build messaging status indicators that allow maintenance an easy understanding and troubleshooting of machine cycles.
- Wiring and installing components on builds and wiring/updating existing equipment.
Engineering Technician Minimum Qualifications:
- Two years of college with strong math, mechanical and/or engineering aptitude
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Two years of hands-on experience with maintenance and repair of blow and/or injection molding equipment with working knowledge of machine controls and systems plus basic computer skills