Category : Professional
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineering manager to join our team.
The Engineering Manager will take the lead in engineering activities in the area of injection and secondary equipment, in order to obtain optimum productivity and quality levels while complying with customer specifications.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the overall development and administration of the Engineering Process. The primary responsibilities will be to establish and review process controls, emphasize continuous improvement and improve productivity through waste reduction. In addition, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for achieving product target cost, improved efficiency, identifying possible production problems for existing products.
As a part of the plant leadership team, the Engineering Manager will be involved, process flows, labor and machine standards. All proposed plans for changes to the process, equipment, molds, and tooling are to be reviewed by the Engineering Manager to ensure reliability and compatibility with existing Toledo Molding and Die standards/systems.
Finally, Manager will be required to support multiple projects and work with the plant to maintain third part registration to ISO/IATF standards.
Engineering Manager Job Functions:
- Support product launch strategy
- Review mold and secondary fixture design and make recommendations
- Develop workflow, effective layout and optimize processes
- Assist in quoting and contracting tool sources to build support tooling
- Evaluate and implement process/product improvements
- Work with the team to develop tooling and poke yoke methods
- Assist with training of both technical and production in processing standards
- Develops short and long term strategy to support customer requirements
- Authorizes engineering change notices (deviations), process alerts, purchase orders, equipment spare parts inventory, and personnel training requests
- Supports plant safety rules
- Approves department expenses and appropriations requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering
- 5 plus years of experience in Automotive Plastics, injection molding