Category : Professional
TMD has a need for an Automotive Project Engineer in the Toledo, OH location.
Automotive Project Engineer Responsibilities include:
- Total Project Engineering responsibility for new programs.
- Work w/Sales Account Managers to resolve commercial issues.
- Interface with customer engineering to identify, address, and resolve open issues.
- Assess part and tool design feasibility, document results.
- Authorize, specify, and follow tooling required for programs including molds, secondary and assembly equipment for finishing parts, check fixtures, etc.
- Manage project aspects to qualify for production (APQP, PPAP) using timelines and other Project Management tools.
- Work with other departments as needed to communicate program details and timing requirements. Lead meetings as appropriate.
- Provide onsite plant support for sample and launch events. Work with plant personnel as needed to qualify tooling & prepare for successful launch.
Some travel required
Automotive Project Engineer Qualifications include:
- 5+ years automotive manufacturing experience
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Technical leadership of peers
- Ability to prioritize objectives and work independently
- Effective communication skills
- Strong initiative
- Results Oriented
- Project management & Timelines
- Blow molding – basic fundamental knowledge
- Injection molding – basic fundamental knowledge
- Assembly operations – basic level process knowledge
- Secondary equipment – basic fundamental knowledge
- Mold design & build – basic fundamental knowledge
- Plastic part design – basic fundamental knowledge