We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced manufacturing engineer to join our team in Jefferson, OH.
The position reports to the Production Manager and is responsible for continuous improvement, new model trials and the development of new product.
Manufacturing Engineer Responsibilities:
- Involved in New Model development activities, including but not limited to quoting and prototype production.
- New Model Project coordinator; develop new packaging per customer requirements, Work cell layouts / work flow; Create / Update all process books ; Developing cycle times.
- New Model quoting support.
- Participates in support of current production.
- Day to day trouble shooting – floor operations.
- Responsible for Kaizen events and the documentation.
- Developing and implementing countermeasures for customer concerns.
- Participates in trial events / processing product through working with Process Technicians.
- Coordinate tooling events.
- Design and improve manufacturing systems.
- Plans and coordinates process improvements.
- Works with vendors to ensure components comply with customer requirements.
- Uses statistics to determine outcome of process improvements or the need of.
- Manage process changes, track to closure.
Manufacturing Engineer Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Engineering preferred
- Five years minimum experience in Engineering
- Ability to identify urgent or emerging problems, develop alternative corrective actions and engage appropriate colleagues in the timely implementation of corrective actions.
- Strong analytical & mathematical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
TMD is seeking experienced Maintenance Technicians for our Delphos, OH plant. Individual responsibilities include general repair and preventative maintenance on plastic injection molding presses, as well as auxiliary equipment.
Maintenance technicians qualifications:
•previous experience with changing injection molding tools, plastics processing, electrical wiring including 240 and 480 volt, pneumatics, hydraulics and programmable logic controllers.
•possess vocational or technical certification in Mechanical/Industrial areas.
•good communication and organizational skills and the ability to work within a diverse group as a Team Player.
•must be willing to work the afternoon or midnight shifts.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced injection molding process technician to join our team in Beloit, Wisconsin. Toledo Molding and Die will be supplying the Fiat-Chrysler assembly Plant in Belvidere, Illinois.
Responsibilities for process technician:
The Process Technician will be responsible for providing technical support for all aspects of production. Responsibility for new products begins with the first production build via customer production releases.
The primary responsibilities will be to troubleshoot injection molding process and make adjustments to the process to increase overall quality and productivity goals as established thereby obtaining optimum productivity and quality levels while complying with customer specifications.
In addition, the Process Technician will assist in achieving product target cost; improve efficiency, identifying possible production problems for existing products. Monitor the input and output variables of the process, including advanced product inspection, optimizing product and process quality consistent with the company’s Total Quality Systems, procedures and customer requirements.
Job Functions for process technician:
- Support and enforce with consistency the plant safety process and rules, local labor agreement and Toledo Molding & Die policies and procedures.
- Provide support for all pre-production builds requiring components and/or services from the manufacturing site.
- Assist with training of both technical and production in processing standards.
- Ensure that all products are manufactured in accordance with customer specifications and approved processes.
- Assure that production schedules are met. Act with a high sense of urgency, in particular with respect to customer needs.
- Achieve project expectation and requirements for all elements of PPAP, TS16949 and ISO 14000.
- Weekly program status reports (i.e., performance, open items, coMaintain technical log for product/processes assigned, as required.
- Maintain records for primary tools (molds) and selected secondary equipment.
- Troubleshoot injection molding process and correct where deviant. Adjust closed-loop process control systems where applicable.
- Troubleshoot robotic unloading; provide enhancements to increase robot system efficiency and performance.
- Enhance the process to increase cycle efficiency, press performance, tool performance, operator performance, and material performance.
- Troubleshoot issues with secondary equipment (post molding assembly)
- Provide technical instructions to maintain part stability.
- Provide detailed and structured documentation of process corrections and enhancements as required and/or assigned.
- Measure outputs and evaluate process control and capability.
- Troubleshoot out of control conditions, machine deficiencies and product non-conformities.
- Responsible for new mold start up, sampling, process trouble shooting, optimizing cycles and set-ups as well as performing molding and machine safety checks.
- Assist with mold/color changes.
- Develop process improvements through employee involvement and support all plant continuous improvement efforts as assigned.
- As required provide leadership and direction to production employees by actively working with and effectively communicating to ensure quality product.
- Function as a Team Member of the Shift Technical Team, supporting processing and quality needs in a Lean Environment Actively participate in and support the implementation and maintenance of the company’s documented quality system as appropriate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Ensure strict compliance with plant housekeeping standards.
- Maintain a plant culture that embraces the values of honesty, trust, mutual respect, employee involvement and flexibility.
- High School degree required, some college a plus.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Automotive industry experience.
- Hands-on processing skills including new mold startup, sampling, troubleshooting, optimizing cycles, set-ups.
- Experienced with wide range of molding machines – 500 – 3500 ton presses.
- Experience with class A surface parts and color a plus
TMD has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineering Technician to join our team.
Engineering Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Understanding what the customers goals are for a build or equipment build (I.E. what kinds of vision systems they are wanting to use, barcode scanning, particular sensors)
- Establish a timeline for a project build
- Acquiring quotes for components from vendors for submission to the Engineering Manager.
- Establish a baseline BOM for the build
- Deciding if certain components can be outsourced to save company money or built internally.
- Discuss the timeline on a weekly basis with the Engineering Manager. Balance work time on internal issues, along with maintaining a timeline on new equipment builds.
- Design and build programming for equipment, maintaining a database on server of updated program revisions for maintenance to access.
- Integrate sensors and components into new PLC program or existing equipment.
- Have thorough understanding of HMI programming associated with the PLC program.
- Build messaging status indicators that allow maintenance an easy understanding and troubleshooting of machine cycles.
- Wiring and installing components on builds and wiring/updating existing equipment.
Engineering Technician Minimum Qualifications:
- Two years of college with strong math, mechanical and/or engineering aptitude
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Two years of hands-on experience with maintenance and repair of blow and/or injection molding equipment with working knowledge of machine controls and systems plus basic computer skills
We are now hiring full-time production operators at our Jefferson, OH facility.
•Previous factory experience preferred but not required
•We are willing to train employees who will show up for work and are willing to learn new skills in a safe, stable work environment.
Positions require employees to stand and walk throughout the shift and carry up to 20 pounds on a repetitive basis. Must be able to read and follow written instructions and perform basic math calculations.
•medical, dental and vision insurance
•401(k) plan with company match
Preference will be given to local candidates.
Please apply in person at 1085 Jefferson-Eagleville Road, Jefferson, Ohio Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. No phone calls please.