TMD has an injection and blow molding plant in Fayetteville, TN. We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced MP&L Manager to join our team.
The primary responsibility will be oversight of the material planning and control processes in an injection and blow molding plant that supplies parts to the automotive industry. The MP&L Manager acts as a liaison with the customer and is responsible for the planning and delivery of product in a timely and efficient manner.
Responsibilities of the MP&L Manager:
•Represent TMD as the primary customer service contact to the customer
•Work with Production to develop production plans and forecasts
•Work with Engineering Manager on product launch, BOM and engineering change coordination
•Work with Quality Manager to support customer satisfaction initiatives and vendor base measures
•Work with Plant Controller/accounting staff to verify/correct inventory control problems
•Coordinate/Supervise MP&L personnel for warehousing and production planning functions
•Direct plant purchasing/vendor releasing functions.
•Monitor inventory adjustments and manage cycle count program
•Determine departmental practices and procedures
•Approve departmental expenses, appropriation requests and participate in the budgetary process
•Maintain “QOS” Metrics
•Support plant safety rules
•Complete departmental annual performance appraisals
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced injection molding process technician to join our team in Beloit, Wisconsin. Toledo Molding and Die will be supplying the Fiat-Chrysler assembly Plant in Belvidere, Illinois.
Responsibilities for process technician:
The Process Technician will be responsible for providing technical support for all aspects of production. Responsibility for new products begins with the first production build via customer production releases.
The primary responsibilities will be to troubleshoot injection molding process and make adjustments to the process to increase overall quality and productivity goals as established thereby obtaining optimum productivity and quality levels while complying with customer specifications.
In addition, the Process Technician will assist in achieving product target cost; improve efficiency, identifying possible production problems for existing products. Monitor the input and output variables of the process, including advanced product inspection, optimizing product and process quality consistent with the company’s Total Quality Systems, procedures and customer requirements.
Job Functions for process technician:
- Support and enforce with consistency the plant safety process and rules, local labor agreement and Toledo Molding & Die policies and procedures.
- Provide support for all pre-production builds requiring components and/or services from the manufacturing site.
- Assist with training of both technical and production in processing standards.
- Ensure that all products are manufactured in accordance with customer specifications and approved processes.
- Assure that production schedules are met. Act with a high sense of urgency, in particular with respect to customer needs.
- Achieve project expectation and requirements for all elements of PPAP, TS16949 and ISO 14000.
- Weekly program status reports (i.e., performance, open items, coMaintain technical log for product/processes assigned, as required.
- Maintain records for primary tools (molds) and selected secondary equipment.
- Troubleshoot injection molding process and correct where deviant. Adjust closed-loop process control systems where applicable.
- Troubleshoot robotic unloading; provide enhancements to increase robot system efficiency and performance.
- Enhance the process to increase cycle efficiency, press performance, tool performance, operator performance, and material performance.
- Troubleshoot issues with secondary equipment (post molding assembly)
- Provide technical instructions to maintain part stability.
- Provide detailed and structured documentation of process corrections and enhancements as required and/or assigned.
- Measure outputs and evaluate process control and capability.
- Troubleshoot out of control conditions, machine deficiencies and product non-conformities.
- Responsible for new mold start up, sampling, process trouble shooting, optimizing cycles and set-ups as well as performing molding and machine safety checks.
- Assist with mold/color changes.
- Develop process improvements through employee involvement and support all plant continuous improvement efforts as assigned.
- As required provide leadership and direction to production employees by actively working with and effectively communicating to ensure quality product.
- Function as a Team Member of the Shift Technical Team, supporting processing and quality needs in a Lean Environment Actively participate in and support the implementation and maintenance of the company’s documented quality system as appropriate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Ensure strict compliance with plant housekeeping standards.
- Maintain a plant culture that embraces the values of honesty, trust, mutual respect, employee involvement and flexibility.
- High School degree required, some college a plus.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Automotive industry experience.
- Hands-on processing skills including new mold startup, sampling, troubleshooting, optimizing cycles, set-ups.
- Experienced with wide range of molding machines – 500 – 3500 ton presses.
- Experience with class A surface parts and color a plus
We have an excellent opportunity for an accountant to join our team at the corporate office.
Corporate Accountant responsibilities:
- Month-end and year-end closing process
- Balance sheet accounts reconciliations
- Tracking, reconciling and reporting of returnable packaging and warranty claims
- Support the annual operating budget process
- Assist with audits
- International accounting tasks as assigned
- Help with Accounts Receivable and Payables processing as needed
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
Corporate Accountant qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of recent and relevant accounting and general ledger experience preferred
- Organized and detail oriented with ability to meet deadlines and ensure accuracy of deliverables
- Strong analytical, problem solving and leadership skills
- Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate with all levels throughout Company organization and outside customers and vendors in a courteous and professional manner
- Working knowledge of Excel and its features
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quality Manager to join our team.
The position reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing the quality program designed to ensure continual improvement.
Responsibilities for the Quality Manager:
- Responsible for maintaining the quality objectives.
- Responsible for the overall Lab Scope policy.
- Directs Quality Technician activities.
- Responsible for the Quality Auditors and Certification Associates.
- Communicates customer issues and requirements with all departments within organization.
- Maintain active involvement with quality management teams within the organization.
- Customer contact for any quality concerns.
- Responsible for communication with offsite quality representatives at the customer location.
- Responsible for the overall activities to address any customer concerns/issues.
- Responsible for reporting data for the established metrics per our quality system.
- Reviews quality department reports to ensure efficiency and identify problems.
- Perform annual reviews of quality data and make recommendations to the Plant Manager.
- Review all documents and procedures/policies annually owned by the Quality Manager.
- Responsible for identifying training needs for direct reports.
- Management representative for IATF 16949 and/or other quality certifications.
- Supplier assists for DDR & DMR and certification audit.
- Conducts supplier audits as needed.
- Issues DDR’s & DMR to Suppliers and follows to completion.
- Audits quality systems within TMD WEK
- Trains internal auditors.
- Write and update Quality Manual and Procedures for TMD WEK’s quality systems.
- Coordinates and documents management reviews.
- Participates in advanced quality planning meetings.
- Participates in the documentation of (control plans, FMEA, and flow diagrams).
- Advise on all operator instructions (back-up).
- Manage internal corrective action system, track to closure, and update Plant Manager per schedule.
- Admin for Nonconformance database.
- Other assignments as required by direct manager.
Qualifications for the Quality Manager:
- Ability to interact with vendors and customers regarding customer specifications.
- Ability to analyze data and create reports.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with subordinates and upper management Supervisory skills to coach and develop all levels of the department to achieve goals.
- Maintain a team-oriented working environment that allows for individual differences and provides for individual growth.
- Ability to identify urgent or emerging problems, develop alternative corrective actions and engage appropriate colleagues in the timely implementation of corrective actions.
- Strong analytical & mathematical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Are you ready to join a dynamic team that provides a top-notch quality product to the customer?
We have an excellent opportunity for Press Operators to join our team.
TMD is looking for Press Operators in our Beloit, WI location!
2nd shift: Monday-Friday 3PM – 11 PM with occasional overtime available on the weekend.
3rd shift: Sunday – Thursday, 11PM – 7AM with occasional overtime available on the weekend.
Wage: $12.65/per hour starting with increases after 3 months & 6 months
If you don’t have previous factory experience, that’s not a problem! We are willing to train you if you show up for work with a great attitude and are willing to learn new skills in a clean, safe, stable work environment. You will have to stand/walk throughout your shift and lift up to 15 pounds on a repetitive basis. We prefer that you have a high school diploma or GED, but if you don’t, we will consider you as long as you can read, follow written instructions and perform basic math calculations.
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE
- Must be collaborative and team-orientated
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work instructions, and procedures
- Must work safely
- Must be able to communicate to other team members in a collaborative way
- Reliable transportation
To apply, please come to the facility to fill out an application:
- 2401 Stateline road
- Beloit, WI 53511
- Toledo Molding and Die, Inc.
- Available benefits include paid holidays, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with 6% company match, company paid life insurance and paid vacation.
TMD has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineering Technician to join our team.
Engineering Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Understanding what the customers goals are for a build or equipment build (I.E. what kinds of vision systems they are wanting to use, barcode scanning, particular sensors)
- Establish a timeline for a project build
- Acquiring quotes for components from vendors for submission to the Engineering Manager.
- Establish a baseline BOM for the build
- Deciding if certain components can be outsourced to save company money or built internally.
- Discuss the timeline on a weekly basis with the Engineering Manager. Balance work time on internal issues, along with maintaining a timeline on new equipment builds.
- Design and build programming for equipment, maintaining a database on server of updated program revisions for maintenance to access.
- Integrate sensors and components into new PLC program or existing equipment.
- Have thorough understanding of HMI programming associated with the PLC program.
- Build messaging status indicators that allow maintenance an easy understanding and troubleshooting of machine cycles.
- Wiring and installing components on builds and wiring/updating existing equipment.
Engineering Technician Minimum Qualifications:
- Two years of college with strong math, mechanical and/or engineering aptitude
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Two years of hands-on experience with maintenance and repair of blow and/or injection molding equipment with working knowledge of machine controls and systems plus basic computer skills
We are now hiring full-time production operators at our Jefferson, OH facility.
•Previous factory experience preferred but not required
•We are willing to train employees who will show up for work and are willing to learn new skills in a safe, stable work environment.
Positions require employees to stand and walk throughout the shift and carry up to 20 pounds on a repetitive basis. Must be able to read and follow written instructions and perform basic math calculations.
•medical, dental and vision insurance
•401(k) plan with company match
Preference will be given to local candidates.
Please apply in person at 1085 Jefferson-Eagleville Road, Jefferson, Ohio Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. No phone calls please.
We have an excellent opportunity for experienced Tool & Die Maker to join our team in Wisconsin. Toledo Molding and Die will be supplying the Fiat-Chrysler assembly Plant in Belvidere, Illinois.
The successful candidate must be capable of reading and analyzing blue prints or sketches in order to maintain/repair injection molds, design and fabricate gages, jigs and fixtures. Must be experienced in new mold startup, sampling, troubleshooting, optimizing cycles and be experienced with a wide range of molding machines (150 – 3500 ton presses). The successful candidate shall maintain an understanding of current technology as related to job responsibilities. Good communication skills are a must.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our team.
- 5+ years of manufacturing and facilities maintenance,* preferably in automotive parts but not required
- Must have basic and hands-on experience with troubleshooting and repair in the following areas:
- electrical/electronic systems
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs
- Operate material handling equipment, machinery and powered equipment
- Must follow Lock Tag Try
- Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift
- Wages: $20 – $26 and hour depending on work history
In addition, TMD will pay you a bonus of $500 after 6 months of employment!
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced process technician to join our team in Jefferson, OH.
Process Technician Primary Responsibilities:
- Startup presses for the purpose of producing parts from the blow molding machines / Uses setup sheets provided / pre our standard process
- Shut down blow molding machines per our standard process
- Reads job specifications to determine safety requirements and process requirements
- Sets up work cells as documented in the work instructions provided
- Monitor scrap at the press throughout the shift
- Uses sample parts provided for reference as needed
- Troubleshoots process issues as needed
- Performs mold changes per schedule
- SMED improvements ideas
- Enter data into Mattec as needed
- Must be able to work 3rd shift
Process Technician Qualifications:
- Provides technical support for an assigned process or product in the Molding department
- Clear understanding of the blow molding process
- Previous processing experience or on the job training for processing
- Logical thinker, problem resolving abilities
- Willingness to communicate and answer questions from management and hourly associates.
- 1-3 Years of blow molding experience is desired.