The Maintenance Supervisor is directly responsible for overseeing the efforts of the maintenance mechanics on the afternoon/evening shifts who install, repair or service property or machinery. The Maintenance Supervisor will oversee and direct maintenance activities in the facilities and production areas and services in order to obtain optimum productivity and quality levels while complying with customer specifications.
The primary responsibilities will be to ensure facilities and equipment is maintained to ensure safe and efficient production.
The Maintenance Supervisor will report directly to the Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Supervisor will be required to support multiple projects, IATF 16949 standards, safety, and product improvements.
- Coordination of utilities
- Support project launch strategy
- Support and maintain project time line
- Provide support for all pre-production builds requiring components and/or services from the manufacturing site
- Provide P.M. for facilities and production equipment
- Review and provide input on new equipment
- Support schedule mold changes as required by production
- Support cost savings programs for the manufacturing site
- Work approved sub-contracted vendors
- Upkeep of building, grounds, and production equipment
- Coordinate training and skill improvements within the skilled trades
- Coordinate apprenticeship education and training
- Timely completion and implementation of projects
- Achieve goals and objectives relating to cost and timing
- Achieve project expectation and requirements for all elements of PPAP, IATF 16949 and other elements relating to product launch
- Overall housekeeping of maintenance and production areas
- Efficient supply and distribution of utilities including water, steam, electricity, natural gas, compressed air and waste disposal.
- Associate Degree – technical required or equivalent experience.
- minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Automotive industry experience.
- High product launch exposure a plus.
- Plastics experience preferred.