We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Packaging & Industrial Engineer to join our team. This position can either be located in Toledo, OH or Plymouth, MI.
Job Responsibilities of the Packaging & Industrial Engineer:
- Manage the design, development, testing, procurement and validation of automotive (or similar) packaging.
- Review and improve existing packaging designs.
- Works with plants in layout, materials flow and tie studies to determine indirect labor requirements.
- New model/ Current Model packaging:
- Act as liaison between company and packaging suppliers.
- Assist in providing packaging quotes
- Participate in APQP meetings (Kick-off and PPAP)
- Track and provide packaging timing.
- Design, develop and test returnable and expendable packaging.
- Complete and submit packaging forms to customers
- Assist in system days and fleet size calculations
- Creation and tracking of Program Appropriations Requests
- Quote and procure fleets
- Provide Part Packaging Worksheet to plants
- Participate in quarterly expandable packaging reviews at plants
- Maintain a centralized inventory and be gate keeper for containers available in the company
- Assist in budget development for repair and replacement of packaging
- Assist in developing an annual new model launch packaging budget
- Lead cost-save initiatives on packaging and materials flow
- Create and maintain plant layouts using AutoCad 2020
- Develop materials flow analysis to determine capacity and warehouse locations
- Support lean initiatives on the plant floor
Minimum Qualifications Packaging & Industrial Engineer:
• Packaging Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Degree required.
• Three (3) years or more experience in a complex Tier 1 or Tier 1 Automotive OEM parts production facility.
• Proficient in MS Office, AutoCAD, PackAssistant, Magix