Category : Professional
The Quality Engineer will oversee and direct quality activities in the area of capability studies, dimensional checks, material testing, product inspection, print changes, and process/product documentation and in order to obtain optimum productivity and quality levels while complying with customer specifications. The Quality Engineer is to provide quality support to internal and external customers. Responsibilities will include documentation of processes, procedures and equipment; coordinating the completion of all quality function tasks and the resolution of all quality issues in a timely and robust fashion. The Quality Engineer will be responsible for providing quality support within the new product introduction project team for all aspects of a project from final design release through Job #1 and play a key role in providing technical support to the customer.
The primary responsibility will be to achieve premium levels of customer satisfaction for product and service supplied by the plant through operator awareness, appropriate inspection, audit programs and continuous improvements and customer visits to the plants for monitoring and feedback. In addition, the Quality Engineer will be responsible for achieving product target cost, efficiency, and quality for existing products.
Also, this position will be responsible to lead the plant in customer satisfaction, PPM reduction, and quality system development. The Quality Engineer will be required to support multiple projects and work with the plant to maintain third party registration to TS16949 standards and obtain customer quality awards and certifications.
- Support project launch strategy
- Participate in identifying open items issues
- Support and project time line
- Provide support for all pre-production builds requiring components and/or services from the manufacturing site
- Work with team to develop processes, establish process documentation and controls, and plant training needs of the new project
- Assist with training of production personnel of processing and quality standards
- Ensure product conforms to customer engineering standards
- Support and develop process documentation Coordinate problem solving of quality issues, as required
- Review component supplier performance and submission
- Determine possible quality problems and prepare a list of concerns to be discussed with the launch team
- Monitor customer concerns/rejections during pre-production and after Job #1
- Perform capability studies via CMM and problem solving inspection
- Work with tool and part suppliers on PPAP requirements and submission
- Review and approve supplier PPAP package
- Support elements of TS16949, APQP and PPAP
- Gage R&R studies, procedures and certification
- Review of production quality performance with Quality Manager/Supv.
- Assist Engineers in development of FMEA, and process flowchart
- Work with the team to develop processes, tune-in equipment and tooling. Establish process controls, assist in training of new projects
- BS in a technology or engineering
- Five years quality experience in the automotive industry
- Highly motivated, able to communicate effectively with both customers and peers
- Have the ability to deal with difficult situations in a calm, thorough time conscious manner
- High level of organizational skills and the ability to motivate others is a must
- Attention to detail is required to ensure that quality targets are met on the full range of products